Last Edited: July 9, 2019 at 5:32 PM
Taking on the role of Static Defender, Wattson uses her knowledge in electrical engineering to create deadly electrical barriers that will electrify your opponents should they get too close. Learn more about Wattson’s voice actor, history, and abilities below.
Wattson Voice Actor
Wattson is voiced by Justine Huxley in Apex Legends.
Respawn Entertainment has provided the following character description for Wattson:
Natalie “Wattson” Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer, she studied his manuals to stay close to him, and discovered her calling at a young age. Though she could be completely distracted one moment and hyper-focused the next, electricity grounded her – its ordered, predictable flow made sense in a way the rest of the world didn’t.
She devoured every book she could on the subject, and eventually became such a skilled engineer that she was commissioned to build the Apex Games’ Modified Containment Ring. Unfortunately, her father died the day it was revealed, leaving her alone. At her lowest moment, a group of competitors invited her to return to the arena with them, assuring her she would always have a home. She now fights alongside her friends in the arena she helped build, destroying incoming missiles, recharging shields, creating fences, and using her pylon to silence fights that get too loud. Nobody knows the arena better than Wattson – anyone who underestimates her is in for a shock.
Due to Watson’s slow-paced, defensive style, her abilities in Apex Legends focus primarily around preventing flank attacks and essentially creating fortified safe areas for your team.
You can see our complete breakdown on each of Wattson’s abilities below.
Tactical Ability: Perimeter Security
Wattson’s Tactical Ability allows her to create electrified fences by connecting nodes. When all nodes are connected, it will form a fence that damages and slows enemies.
Passive Ability: Spark of Genius
Using Ultimate Accelerants will fully charge Wattson’s ultimate ability. You will also find that by standing near Interception Pylons, the rate at which Wattson’s tactical ability recharges will increase.
Ultimate Ability: Interception Pylon
Wattson’s ultimate ability allows her to place an Electrified Pylon that destroys any ordnance and repairs damage shields. (Max: 3)
Thriving most when utilized effectively in team environments, Wattson is arguably one of the most essential characters to have on any team as the slow-paced defensive legend is designed primarily to prevent flankers and ultimately help fortify safe areas for your team.
If you happen to be taking on a team that features a Wattson, we highly recommend taking them out from a far, as many of Wattson’s abilities are best utilized in close distances. For this reason, any close distance encounters will significantly be in the other teams favor.
Looking for the ultimately squad combination? Check out our Characters Hub Page to find our recommended team pairing for Wattson.
Quick Tips and Tricks for Wattson in Apex Legends
- Players can place down up to 12 electrical fences.
- Wattson only needs one Ultimate Accelerant to charge her ultimate up to 100%.
- Hide your nodes quite well, as they can be easily destroyed from gun fire. We highly recommend placing nodes inside of buildings, especially within the corners of buildings.
- Don’t be shy about using your fences as they do carry multiple charges and can simply be picked up and placed in a new position at any time.
- You don’t need to wait for someone to travel through your Perimeter Security as the whole team will be notified of any activity during the match.
- Only walk between your fences when necessary as they will briefly deactivate should you or an ally walks through them.
- The Ultimate Interception Pylon will destroy both enemy and ally grenades should they land in or around the designated area.
- The Pylon helps restore your tactical ability faster.
- Always ensure you leave inventory space for Ultimate Accelerants.
- Should one of Mirages clones enter one of your fences, your location will be revealed.
- Work closely with your squads abilities as Wattson can be very useful for setting up initial traps.
- Interception Pylons thrive when placed in situations that allow you to block door ways and passages from enemies. Such an example would be when reviving downed teammates as any grenades will be zapped away.
- Always remember that your nodes will flash blue and enemies will flash red.
- Place fences down when attempting to flee from enemies, as this will not only deter teams from following you, but it will also slow them down and make the process of following and tracking your team much harder.
- Perimeter fences work well when placed directly outside a Wraith portal, as it will help hinder anyone from traveling through.
- If played correctly, Perimeter Fences can be used to created tactical advantages, especially in enclosed spaces such as buildings and hallways. When sharing a building with an enemy team, be sure to utilize all 12 fences by placing them in choke points. This will essentially force the enemy team to travel towards a certain direction.
- Use a combination of Ultimate Accelerants, Pylons, and Fences to create the ultimate stronghold for your team in little to no time at all.
Was this guide helpful?