After many, many years of fans asking, Sony has enabled the ability for players to change their PSN ID. This page covers just how to do that on PS4 and on Web Browser. You can’t change your PSN ID on the PS3 or PS Vita.
But first things first; does it cost money to change your PSN ID? No, at least not the first time. Your first name change is free, but you’ll need to pay $9.99 USD after that. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, the change will cost $4.99 USD after the first change.
How to Change Your PSN ID on PS4
To change your name while you’re on PS4, scroll over to Settings. Then choose Account Management > Account Information > Profile > Online ID.
Once in the Online ID menu, you can choose a new name for your PSN account.
How to Change Your PSN ID on PC
Once you’re signed into your PSN account on the Sony Entertainment Network site, select the PSN Profile tab in the menu. Hit “Edit” next to your Online ID and write or choose your new name.
Other Important Information
- You can revert your PSN name back to your last ID for free. If you’re willing to contact PlayStation Support, you can revert back to any of your previous IDs.
- Child accounts can’t change their PSN ID.
- PS3 and PS Vita games do not support the online ID change. According to the PlayStation site, you may lose access to paid content or progress if you change your name.
- Video games published prior to April 1, 2018 do not support the online ID Change.
- If you change your name, you may lose progress or in-game currency in a handful of games. Check this page for details.
- If you encounter an issue, PlayStation recommends reverting back to your previous online ID to resolve those issues.
Was this guide helpful?