Players of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom have discovered a couple of item duplication methods that can help them amass large amounts of materials and armaments. However, a new and even faster technique has been recently discovered. In this article, we will guide you through the Shield Surf Exploit, a quick and easy method to duplicate items in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
The Shield Surf Exploit
The Shield Surf Exploit is currently the fastest item duplication method in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Here’s how to do it:
1. Equip a shield and have an item that you want to duplicate (at least one).
2. Pick a different item that you only have one of. Let’s call this “Solo Item” as a reference.
3. Make sure the item you want to duplicate is at the bottom of your materials inventory. You can do this by dropping all of that item and then picking them back up. Be careful, however, since having more than 20 items cluttered on the ground will cause some of them to disappear.
4. When you’re ready, go and Shield Surf. This is done by holding ZL, pressing X to jump, then pressing A.
5. In the middle of your Shield Surf animation, open your materials inventory.
6. Hold “Solo Item” in your hand, plus the actual item that you want to duplicate.
7. When you land on the ground, the items will be dropped. However, if you check your inventory, the original stuff you had earlier is still there.
8. You can obtain multiple copies in a single action.
Some Tips to Consider
While this technique is fast and easy, there are some caveats that you should consider:
1. Having too many items cluttering the ground will cause some to disappear. Make sure you pick up the ones you duplicated to avoid mishaps.
2. If you want to speed things up a bit, avoid picking up the “Solo Item/s” that you’re using for this trick until you’re done with your “duping batch.” Otherwise, you’d have to drop the duplicated material over and over to force it back to the bottom of the inventory tab.
3. Shields will lose durability when you Shield Surf. You might want to equip throwaway decayed variants to avoid wasting the ones you need for combat. Alternatively, just fuse two Hylian Shields together.
4. This exploit works on almost all materials. However, avoid duplicating insects, fairies, and lizards as they will fly or scurry away.
What Can You Duplicate?
The Shield Surf Exploit works on almost all materials, and here are some examples:
1. Diamonds and other gems can be sold for a lot of rupees.
2. Large Zonaite can be converted into Large Crystallized Charges for your Energy Cell upgrades.
3. Silver Lynel materials and other enemy drops can be fused onto weapons or shields.
4. Star Fragments and other rare resources are necessary for upgrades.
However, you cannot duplicate Zonaite Devices (they’re part of a separate inventory tab), but the dupe works on Large Zonaite Charges. You can then place these in Device Dispensers to get the tool you want.
The Shield Surf Exploit is a quick and easy method to duplicate items in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. While there are some caveats to consider, this technique is faster and more efficient than other item duplication methods. Moreover, this exploit works on almost all materials, so you can amass large amounts of armaments and resources to help you in the game.